Date: July 21, 2018
Tent Village Setup Opens: 9:00 AM, Eastern Daylight Time
Race day Registration / Packet Pickup Opens: 10:00 AM
Opening Ceremonies & Announcements: 11:50 AM
Race Start Time: Noon Eastern
Race End Time: 8:00 PM Eastern
Start/Finish Area including Tent Village: Hinkle Fieldhouse
510 W 49th St, Indianapolis, IN 46208
Parking: Parking is available in the parking garage (#42 on the Butler University Map below), just south of our Tent Village. Park up to 24 hours for $3 if you purchase one of the 100 first come first served parking passes at the event. Passes will be available at Packet Pickup on race morning. All other parking is at your own risk.
Course Information: The race utilizes a 3.11 mile “long course” and an abbreviated 1.89 mile “short course”. Click here to view the course maps and elevation charts. There will be one major aid station at the Tent Village start/finish area, and another fluid station on the course.
Awards Ceremonies: 8:30 PM at the Finish Line
Tent Village Start/Finish Area Overview: Click here
Butler University Map: Click here to view a map of Butler University. Tent Village will be located in front of building #24 on this map. The parking garage is #42
Bad Weather Policy: We are a rain-or-shine event. However, safety is important. If a bad storm with lightning and/or heavy wind moves through, we may have to shut down until the storm passes.
1) We will use our weather apps to monitor conditions throughout the day
2) If weather approaches, we will officially pause timing/scoring and all runners will have to stop after they finish their lap
3) All tents will be lowered for safety
4) All participants will be required to move into the HRC or into Hinkle Fieldhouse
5) Once the weather passes, we will restart the event but we will NOT restart the clock. Therefore if the weather causes a 40 minute pause, the event now becomes a “7 hour and 20 minute race”
1) Scoring will be determined by the number of laps FINISHED. When the race clock hits 8:00 hours, the race will officially end. If participants are still on the course at the 8 hour mark, the uncompleted lap WILL NOT COUNT towards the total. The short course allows participants to accumulate mileage as the end of the event approaches with lower risk of missing cut-off.
2) Participants can only register under one team and cannot run for multiple teams. A participant registered as an individual may not accumulate mileage for a team. All team additions or changes must be done prior to race day. If you need to make changes, please email Todd. Unregistered runners will automatically disqualify a team.
3) A long course timing mat will be placed at the end of the out-and-back. If you do not cross this mat, your distance will automatically be recorded as the short course distance.
4) Teams will be issued triathlon-style timing straps that will need to be exchanged from team member to team member in order to be scored. The official exchange zone is just past the finish line – this is the ONLY area where teams can exchange the timing strap.
5) In the event of a tie in mileage, the winner will be the runner or team that crossed the finish line first on the last lap.
6) Stay on course! If you accidentally miss a turn, you must go back to the place where you diverged from the course and rejoin. Related to this, you must go up “Bulldog’s Revenge” (our signature hill at the end of the loop heading up to the bell tower) each time through, whether you are doing the short course or long course. No credit for laps where you do not complete the official course. Don’t risk disqualification by skipping the hill.
7) On the downhill side of Bulldog’s Revenge, participants may choose to use the stairs or the trail to the right of the stairs. Both are officially a-ok. “What goes up must come down”.
8) There will be absolutely no littering – not on the course, and not in tent village. Littering will disqualify you. Do not drop gel packets, do not throw cups… either place trash in the receptacles or take it home with you. And when you pack up at the end of the day, take out everything you brought in. Thanks!
It is preferred that all team members be present during team check-in.
Minimum age for individual (solo) participants is 14 years. Minimum age for team participants is 10 years.
All finishers receive a medal regardless of how many miles they completed. Medals will be distributed at the end of the event or when the participant determines they are finished. To officially withdraw from the event, the timing chip must be returned to timing and scoring.
All participants will receive a wristband during check-in. The wristband will also serve as your entry into the beer garden (for those over 21), and into the showers at the Butler Health & Recreation Complex.